Grand Asia Market – Part 1
This has to be a two-part review. The Grand Asia grocery store has so much to offer, and I didn’t even get to explore it all! Next time, I’m going to plan on eating at their in-store restaurant, the Joy Luck Club, and I will take a camera.
In preparation for a meal that is on the menu for this week, I went in search of a good Asian grocery store. After reading a few local threads, I decided to visit the Grand Asia Market. I was not disappointed. The store was large! Compared to the place I use to visit on 15-501 business, this store was palatial. I wandered the aisles in awe of the selection and the variety of products (some labeled in English, others not). I can’t wait to experiment and explore the different items this place has to offer.
As for today’s visit, I just came home with a few of my favorite things. From left to right:
- Genmaicha – green tea with brown rice
- Fava beans – so that I can attempt the appetizer we had in Boston,
- Shrimp Shumai – I love these dumplings!,
- Kimchee – a.k.a. kimchi – my favorite cabbage side dish,
- Red pepper paste – to add to the recipe I’m going to attempt this week,
- Shiitake and Enoki mushrooms – I couldn’t get over how cheap these were, so I had to pick them up.